Welcome to the Fair!
We are a market and restaurant DEVOTED TO FOOD™
From the creators of Restaurant Eve, we follow the same values of quality and sustainability. The Fair is a welcoming place for Alexandrians to find and enjoy the best specialty food products from hand-crafted cheeses, homemade prepared foods and hard-to-find grocery items.
We believe in wholesome food and mean to share delicious recipes to our community from breakfast sandwiches to our home entertaining and catering menus.
We are a team of knowledgeable individuals eager to share our passion with our customers and to bring the work of talented local & international producers of cheeses, meats, dairy, jams, honeys, oils and more to our market.
Served in the Market
- Breakfast Sandwich: Buttermilk biscuit, organic scrambled egg, Prairie Breeze cheese, (add house-cured bacon, ham, turkey, or sausage patty)
- Irish Oatmeal
- Organic House-Made Yoghurt
- Bagels (Plain or everything): add house-made cream cheese (plain, roasted onion, raspberry) or smoked salmon spread.
- Huevos Rancheros - Fried Eggs, Red Beans, Fresh Tortillas, Queso Fresco, or Jalapeño
- Biscuits & Sausage Gravy - comes with scrambled eggs
- Quiche - seasonal vegetable or ham & gruyère
- Breakfast Wrap - spinach, mushroom, and gruyère OR sausage, potato, and cheddar
- Organic House-Made Granola & Yoghurt Parfait
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Fresh-Squeezed Orange Juice
- Assorted Breakfast Pastries
(Made to order)
- T.N.T.: Garlicky Lemon Kale, Housemade Ricotta, Roasted Fennel, Baguette (v) $10
- Nana's Leftovers: Meatloaf, Fried Onions, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Baguette $10
- Falafel: Freshly-fried falafel, yogurt, cucumber, onions, and tahini on pita (v) $8
- Walter's Reloaded: Roasted Turkey, Swiss Cheese, Bacon, Avocado, Tomato, Lettuce, Baguette $11
- The Classic - Calabrian tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich on Pullman Bread $8.50
- Pollo Asado: (served hot) chicken breast, spicy cilantro aioli, pico de gallo, provolone, baguette ~ $10
- Pope's Lunch - La Quercia proscuitto, basil, arugula, red onion, mozzarella, balsamic vinaigrette on baguette $11
- Louie, Louie - shrimp salad, croissant $12
- Roast Beef - (served hot) Roast beef, mozzarella, lettuce, caramelized onions, spicy horseradish, baguette ~ $10
- The Cubano - Slow-roasted pork & ham, Swiss cheese, Gulden's mustard, and housemade pickles on crispy roll $11
- Lunch Rush: Choice of egg salad, tuna salad, or chicken salad sandwich on Pullman bread, market side of the day, and a house-baked cookie ~ $10